Thursday, November 20, 2008

pretty...please


one of my lovely friends, ginny, is the most creative baker i know. this is a picture she recently posted on her blog, razzel. dazzle. how cute would this be for an ity wedding cake?! right now we are debating whether or not to do an hor d'ovres reception or possibly just a dessert reception. this cake would be all we would need. i am constantly looking at the flat icing, plain-jane, simple cake style (see inspiration board), but this is so cute! white would be perfect! 

ginny, i know you are already helping with the invitations, the flowers (which we will discuss on here later since neither of us know how to do them!), and overall moral support, but do you think you can squeeze in a wedding cake?? 

3 comments:

  1. hey lauren - your blog is awesome! just replying to your comment on mine - i loveeeee mexico and spent months agonizing - italy? tahiti? couldn't decide! some people would make comments making feel like i needed to book some extravagant 3-week vacation in a foreign country or something outrageously expensive like $20K for a week. i don't think it has to be like that. after months of research i went with my gut and booked 5 days at dreams cabo and 5 at the esperanza auberge..very very excited about it. i wasn't the bride that couldn't decide between cabo and puerto vallarta but i have been to puerto vallarta. i think cabo is definitely more honeymoon material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. correcting my poor sentence above "making me feel like" not making feel like =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have GOT to learn how to use all of my bday goodies. I got a set of frosting tips and I need to learn the tricks. We never have to go out again. Crafts/cooking/flowers/thrifting. YAYAYAY! I love yo' blog!

    ReplyDelete